I read this article over at welivesecurity.com and realized we are about ready to dive into the holiday shopping season, so here is the quick list:
1. Monitor your accounts for suspicious activity
2. Use credit cards instead of debit cards
3. Consider using gift or stored value cards
4. If in doubt ask for a replacement card
5. Beef up your PINs and passwords
6. Password protect your devices
7. Know who to Call
8. Check your credit report.
9. Insist on secure transactions
10. Be wary of “amazing” deals
The full article with further details can be found here.
Shop safely this holiday season.